All fees and rental payments are now due. Please check your records and make sure you're up-to-date! :)
Next Concert will be Thursday, April 16th. Please sign up on Charms to help out!
The Annapolis Valley Music Festival takes place during the week of April 27th. Please keep an eye open for specific dates.
AVMF Choir date is Tuesday, April 28th. The Horton Choirs will sign in the evening. Exact times will be published very soon.
|HMPA Monthly Meeting (6:30 PM)||06 April 2020|
|Tech Crew Meeting - Recess||12 March 2020|
|Music Executive Meeting - Recess||13 March 2020|
|Director - Kay Greenefirstname.lastname@example.org||542-6060 (ext 1229)|
Music Department Calendar
The music department calendar is HERE. It is a Google calendar that you can add to your own Google calendar by clicking on the '+Google Calendar' icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the page.
The Charms Calendar, where you can sign up to fulfill your volunteer hours, is HERE
Log into Charms Here. You can confirm the instrument and library items assigned to you, double check your attendance at rehearsals, keep your contact information up-to-date, and volunteer to help with Music Parents fundraisers.
The first time they log in, the Student ID and password are the same - the student gnspes user name. Contact Mrs Greene (email@example.com) if you require the password to be reset.
If asked, the school code is hortonhsmusic
Attendance/Late Tracking Form
Please use this form if you will need to miss a rehearsal, or be late for a rehearsal.
Classroom Codes - 2019/2020
If your Google Classroom code is not here, it will be given to you on your first day of class. Ensemble Classrooms will be set up later in September.
Music 9 (Section 2) - xm750v8. This Section meets on Day 1, period 3
Music 9 (Section 1) - 3dpb4pl. This section meets on Day 1, period 4
Ensembles/Groups in the Horton Music Dept.
If you are interested in being involved in the music department this year, there are several options from which to choose...
- Jazz Band - for grade 9 to 12 students. Rehearsals are Wednesday's at 7:30 am and some Monday mornings at 7:30 am
- Senior Concert Band - for Grade 10, 11, 1nd 12 students (or for grade 9's by invitation or audition). Rehearsals are Tuesday mornings at 7:30 and every other Thursday morning at 8
- Concert Choir - for students at any grade level. Rehearsals are Friday mornings at 7:30.
- Senior Jazz Combo- for grade 11 and 12 students (or grade 9/10 players by invitation or audition.) Rehearsals are Monday's after school
- Glee Club - for students at any grade level. This group is by audition only. Rehearsal times Thursdays from 3:30 - 5:00
- Music Executive - for all students. This group is the student 'government' of the music department. See Mrs Greene for details.
- Tech Crew - for students at any level. This group runs the sound and lights and stage during school events as well as outside bookings. These jobs are sometimes paid jobs. The crew meets every Thursday at recess in the music room.