Horton Community Orchestra - News!!
|Music Parents Association meeting - 7 PM||13 November 2016|
|Tech Crew Meeting - Recess||14 November 2016|
|Music Executive Meeting - Recess||17 November 2016|
|Music Parents Association - Annual General Meeting - 6:30 PM||13 November 2016|
|Tech Crew meeting at recess||16 November 2016|
|Director - Kay Greenefirstname.lastname@example.org||542-6060 (ext 1229)|
Music Department Calendar
The music department calendar is HERE. It is a Google calendar that you can add to your own Google calendar by clicking on the '+Google Calendar' icon in the bottom right hand corner of the page.
Attendance/Late Tracking Form
Please use this form if you will need to miss a rehearsal, or be late for a rehearsal.
Log into Charms Here. You can confirm the instrument and library items assigned to you, double check your attendance at rehearsals, keep your contact information up-to-date, and volunteer to help with Music Parents fund raisers. Contact the director for your (or your child's) student ID.
If you have a barcode sticker with 'HM' follow by a three digit number, that is your student ID or password. You can (and should) change it after you log in for the first time. The 'HM' must be upper-case.
Annapolis Valley Honour Choir
Information about auditions for the AVHC can be found at http://www.avhc.ca/join/the_choirs. The group rehearses on Tuesday evenings at Horton High School, in the music room. They are under the direction of Heather Fraser
Horton Community Youth Orchestra
HYCO is a string orchestra open to anyone between the ages of 10 and 24 who either plays a string instrument, or would like to learn how to play a string instrument. This is an exciting initiative, with collaboration between Horton High School, Acadia University School of Music, and Mission Strings, in Halifax. Rehearsals and performances will be in the beatuiful Performance Centre at Horton High School, on Modays from 4:30 - 6. Have questions? Make sure to come out to the Information/Registration night at Horton High School, on Thusday, September 10th, at 7PM in the Horton Performance Centre.
2016/17 Music Department Registration Form
The registration form for ANY and ALL students who will be participating in the music department is HERE
Ensembles/Groups in the Horton Music Dept.
If you are interested in being involved in the music department this year, there are several options from which to choose...
- Junior Jazz Band - for grade 9 or 10 students (or grade 11/12 on new instruments). Rehearsals are Mondays at 7:30 AM and some Thursday lunch times.
- Senior Concert Band - for Grade 10, 11, 1nd 12 students (or for grade 9's by invitation or audition). Rehearsals are Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 7:30 AM
- Concert Choir - for students at any grade level. Rehearsals are Wednesday mornings at 7:30, and sectionals at lunch (Monday for Treble voices and Tuesday for tenor/Bass voices)
- Senior Jazz Band - for grade 11 and 12 students (or grade 9/10 players by invitation or audition.) Rehearsals are Friday mornings at 7:30 plus some Wednesday lunch times.
- Glee Club - for students at any grade level. This group is by audition only. Rehearsal times are set in consultation with the members and the leader.
- Horton Community Youth Orchestra- This group is open to students through the Valley, from upper elementary to University. The minimum playing profeciency is at the RCM Grade 4 level. 9testing is note required; this is just sa guideline) Orchestra rehearsals are on Mondays from 4:30 - 6 PM. Horton students will have sectionals on Mondays at lunch.
- Horton Drum Line - this ensemble is open to all grade levels of Horton students. Rehearsal times will be set in consultation with the leader and the participants.
- Music Executive - for all students. This group is the student 'government' of the music department. See Mrs Greene for details.
- Tech Crew - for students at any level. This group runs the sound and lights and stage during school events as well as outside bookings. These jobs are sometimes paid jobs. The crew meets every Thursday at recess in the music room.