All music students should be registered. If you/your child is not registered, the link to the online registration form is in the list below. Contact the HMPA if you have any questions (click the 'Parents' tab)
Citrus orders are due next week! Here is the order form: CITRUS ORDER FORM. Citrus will arrive before Christmas. Enjoy a healthy snack while supporting the music program!
|Music Parents Association meeting - 7 PM ||04 December 2017|
|Tech Crew Meeting - Recess||16 November 2017|
|Music Executive Meeting - Recess||17 November 2017|
|Director - Kay Greenefirstname.lastname@example.org||542-6060 (ext 1229)|
Glee Club - 7awkkx
SCB - qa6j2j
Senior Jazz - geeot9
Junior Jazz - qm6806p
Choir - aa749u
Please join your ensemble. More codes may be posted here in the coming days.
Horton Music Student and Parent Handbook
An electronic copy of the Handbook is attached as a PDF. If you would prefer a paper copy, please contact Kay, the Music Director (email@example.com)
You may also USE THIS LINK to view as a slide show.
2017/18 Music Department Registration Form
The registration form for ALL STUDENTS involved in music at Horton IS HERE
Registration and Information Night will be Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 7 PM in the Performance Centre. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
FAQ for new music students
HERE is a sheet with questions that Grade 8's often have when they are deciding whether to take Music 9. Contact the director if you have any other questions!
Music Department Calendar
The music department calendar is HERE. It is a Google calendar that you can add to your own Google calendar by clicking on the '+Google Calendar' icon in the bottom right hand corner of the page.
Attendance/Late Tracking Form
Please use this form if you will need to miss a rehearsal, or be late for a rehearsal.
Attendance/Late Tracking Form
Join the Facebook Group, and keep up-to-date with all the news! You can find it here
Log into Charms Here. You can confirm the instrument and library items assigned to you, double check your attendance at rehearsals, keep your contact information up-to-date, and volunteer to help with Music Parents fund raisers. Contact the director for your (or your child's) student ID.
If you have a barcode sticker with 'HM' follow by a three digit number, that is your student ID or password. You can (and should) change it after you log in for the first time. The 'HM' must be upper-case.
Annapolis Valley Honour Choir
Information about auditions for the AVHC can be found at http://www.avhc.ca/join/the_choirs. The group rehearses on Tuesday evenings at Horton High School, in the music room, under the direction of Heather Fraser
HYCO is a string orchestra open to anyone between the ages of 10 and 24 who either plays a string instrument, or would like to learn how to play a string instrument. This is an exciting initiative, with collaboration between Horton High School, Acadia University School of Music, and Mission Strings, in Halifax. Rehearsals and performances will be in the beautiful Performance Centre at Horton High School, on Mondays from 4:30 - 6. Have questions? Make sure to come out to the Information/Registration night at Horton High School, on Thursday, September 14th, at 7pm in the Horton Performance Centre.
Ensembles/Groups in the Horton Music Dept.
If you are interested in being involved in the music department this year, there are several options from which to choose...
- Junior Jazz Band - for grade 9 or 10 students (or grade 11/12 on new instruments). Rehearsals are Mondays at 7:30 AM and some Thursday lunch times.
- Senior Concert Band - for Grade 10, 11, 1nd 12 students (or for grade 9's by invitation or audition). Rehearsals are Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 7:30 AM
- Concert Choir - for students at any grade level. Rehearsals are Friday mornings at 7:30.
- Senior Jazz Band - for grade 11 and 12 students (or grade 9/10 players by invitation or audition.) Rehearsals are Wednesday mornings at 7:30 plus some Friday lunch times.
- Glee Club - for students at any grade level. This group is by audition only. Rehearsal times are set in consultation with the members and the leader.
- Horton Community Youth Orchestra- This group is open to students through the Valley, from upper elementary to University. The minimum playing proficiency is at the RCM Grade 4 level. (Testing is not required; this is just a guideline) Beginner clinics and Orchestra rehearsals are on Mondays after school.
- Horton Pops Orchestra - Members of the String Orchestra are invited to join the Pops Orchestra. Horton Pops rehearsal days will be set in September
- Horton Drum Line - this ensemble is open to all grade levels of Horton students. Rehearsal times will be set in consultation with the leader and the participants.
- Music Executive - for all students. This group is the student 'government' of the music department. See Mrs Greene for details.
- Tech Crew - for students at any level. This group runs the sound and lights and stage during school events as well as outside bookings. These jobs are sometimes paid jobs. The crew meets every Thursday at recess in the music room.